I believe that life is better lived with a challenge. Putting yourself in the driver’s seat with a purpose can transform the world from a guided tour to a self-directed adventure.
When it’s thought through, a good challenge helps to answer the always burning question, “What do I really want from my life?”
The 1% club is my answer to that question. It’s the diary of challenges I want to pursue in my life that less than 1% of the world will ever do.
How it Works:
Each item is specific and meaningful to me and comes with a self-imposed time limit because I want it to be a memory longer than it’s a dream.
I’m not a fan of multitasking, but I do love synergy so I’ll pursue one item at a time except where something greater can be created by doubling up.
Current Challenge: Run a Marathon on Every Continent [COMPLETED!]
- N. America – Eugene, OR (Eugene Marathon) – Completed 5/2/2010
- Africa – Entebeni, South Africa (Big 5 Marathon) – Completed 6/25/2011
- Europe – Athens, Greece (Athen’s Classic Marathon) – Completed 11/13/2011
- Asia – Beijing, China (Great Wall Marathon) – Completed 5/19/2012
- Australia – Port Douglas, Australia (Solar Eclipse Marathon) – Completed 11/14/2012
- S. America — Buenos Aires, Argentina (Buenos Aires Marathon) — Completed 10/13/2013
- Antarctica — Wilhelmina Bay, Antarctic Peninsula (Self-Directed Marathon) – Completed 2/3/2014
Quickly learn how to implement these 4 key principles to giving good advice that people will actually follow. Continue Reading