This 10,500 word guide is completely free (actually, it pays you $100 to read it) and I wrote it for anyone who’s sick of their job and ready to quit and do something more meaningful but needs help making the transition without freaking out about money.
(You’ll need a PDF reader to view it. Here’s an excellent free one.)
Or, read on to learn a little more about it.
What it is:
Take This Job & Shove It is a step by step resource that walks you through the process of what it takes to quit your job without freaking out about money by quickly saving what I call, and pardon my french, a “F*** You Fund.”
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Why it’s so important to quit your job if you hate what you do
- How to build a “F*** You Fund” that will keep you afloat while you try something new
- How to save real money even if you don’t make very much
- What to do to avoid the pitfalls that come with saving money (yes, there actually are some)
- How to get your own F*** You Fund started with $100 (or far more) absolutely free
Who it’s for:
Back when I worked in my corporate job, one of the favorite discussions my colleagues and I would have was what we’d do if we didn’t need our job – if we had the money to do what we really wanted to.
I wanted to start my own business on the Internet. One of my friends wanted to run his own contracting company. Another just wanted to make a little money as a ski instructor and hit the slopes all year.
It was a quiet, guarded conversation that always ended with “But I’m lucky to have this job…” Never the less, we talked about it nearly every day.
If you’ve ever had a conversation like that (with yourself or anyone else) but then remembered the bills you needed to pay and thought, “But I’m lucky to have this job…” then I wrote this guide for you.
- 3 reasons why it is so important that you start building a F*** You Fund
- 4 simple truths that eliminate every excuse to not get started
- The 4 step process that I used to build my own $40,000+ F*** You Fund
- 5 ways to fast track your progress if you need to get out now
- A guide for dealing with friends and family once they find out what you’re up to
- $100 (or a whole lot more) to get your fund started right now
Bonus: If you sign up for my email updates, you’ll also get my comprehensive instructional video detailing how I manage every piece of my financial life in 5 minutes or less every week.
(If you’re already on the list, you should have gotten an email showing you how to access the video. Get a hold of me if you need help.)
Three Simple Requests
If you download this guide and get something out of it, I’d like to ask that you do 3 simple things for me:
1) Spread the word by letting more people know about it. Tweet it on Twitter. Share it on Facebook. Submit it to StumbleUpon, Reddit, Digg, or anywhere else you hang out online. Tell a friend who might enjoy it about the guide. Print it out and leave it on a park bench or in a coffee shop.
2) Leave a review here in the comments or write one for your own site. Give me your feedback and let me and other readers know what you thought of it.
3) Update me with how much money you’ve earned or saved as a result of the guide. I’ll keep a running tally here on the download page so that people can see just how useful the guide can be for them.
Most of all, thanks for taking the time to read my free guide. I hope you get a lot out of it. Here’s the link again to download:
Update 08/27/10: Take This Job has already been downloaded more than 1,000 times. Thanks to everyone for reading. May it be the start of something big. Also, a few bloggers have already reviewed the guide for their readers. Here’s the latest:
As humans, a minimum of 60% of our communication is nonverbal. That means the majority of our connection with the people around us comes through our body language, facial expressions and voice tone. However, we tend to put all of our eggs in the verbal basket—focusing on what we are going to say not how we want to say it. Continue Reading